Why work for Workpro?
CAS, known to most customers by our product name Workpro, is employee-owned with a family feel where every team member is valued. At Workpro, we design case management systems for complaints handling, employee relations and other regulated casework.
We are a close-knit team at Workpro. As employee owners, we all have a stake in the business and its success, and we take our core values and social responsibility seriously.
We proudly own Workpro, and most of the team are directly involved with developing and improving the product. Unlike many other development roles, where you might complete a project but never see whether your work was valuable and successful, here you to see the outcome. And everyone at Workpro, from admin to development sees that their work is valuable, and - how Workpro improves things for our customers.
We work closely with customers to understand their pain points and frustrations, and to help them overcome them. As employee-owners, Workpro belongs to the team, and the team takes pride in making it better for all – customers and staff alike. We use innovation and creativity to find ways to improve and enhance our product and expand it to include the latest technologies, keeping our jobs interesting, challenging, and skills fresh.
"Thanks to the support of the Workpro family, I have changed my career from graphic designer to UX Designer. I recently received my Professional Diploma in UX from the UX Design Institute, and I have been applying my new skills to improve Workpro at the same time.
We are not just an employee number; we are a family. I look forward to improving Workpro user experience even further thanks to this new knowledge."
Workpro UX Designer
Team spirit, in and out of work
There is a genuine family feel to the team, and we listen to each other's needs and support each other. We encourage everyone to share ideas, no matter what their role.
And the team spirit doesn't end when the work does. We take time out to have some fun and also take corporate social responsibility seriously. Our colleagues take part in a variety of schemes and find many ways to help the community – for example:
- We have an employee volunteering scheme through Social Good Connect, making 2 hours per week/1 day per month available during work time to help charities.
- When Covid19 struck, it became clear that not all home-schooled children had access to IT equipment. CAS provided PCs and laptops to a local school.
- We make charitable donations throughout the year, for example to Samaritans, who gave our team a presentation on recognising mental health concerns.
- We support STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) initiatives - including encouraging women into our industry by offering paid summer placements through Equate Scotland. We also offer work experience to local school children.
- We have achieved ISO14001 Environmental Management accreditation and are a member of the Bright Green Business Network, which keeps us up to date with the latest environmental news and events across Scotland.
The CAS team helping to re-landscape the garden at FetLor Youth Club
Employee ownership adds a unique element to job satisfaction, where your work is helping to grow a company that you have a stake in, and our 5-star Glass Door rating shows that our team are very happy here.
There are several reasons for this (on top of the above):
- Flexibility: we allow full-time and part-time hours and hybrid working (home working, working in our office or a combination depending on what suits you). If you are required to work out of hours (for example, because of update roll-outs), you will gain extra holidays. If you have caring duties or other commitments, we can work around that too.
- We hold Gold Investors in People accreditation and have signed the Scottish Business Pledge, demonstrating that we hold ourselves to a high standard in employee relations.
- We have a structured learning and development career path and provide time and resources for training and skill development.
- We develop our own products, which we are very proud of. We do not go for the cheapest possible option and cut corners but develop our code in a way that protects customers and is considerate of the long-term future of Workpro. We design implementations before we code them, write technical documentation to support our code, and never copy and paste code that we don't take time to understand first.
- Become an employee-owner after six months
- Tailored training and career development
- Flexible hours
- Good transport links
- Reduced gym fees
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Healthcare benefits
- Life and income protection cover
- Childcare vouchers
If you would like to learn more about working for Workpro, email us at email@example.com or visit our Careers page.